Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Thing #4


The verdict is still out on whether this new thing is a good idea. I've been a bit frustrated with my morning schedule because I've been lucky to get in the shower and be ready for the day by noon. That's one of the things that worried me about being a stay at home mom. I didn't want to be the pajamas-at-4pm type. But I can see now how it would be so easy to get there. Sometimes the punk just doesn't like to be patient while his mama does her own thing. So...

This morning, I got up at 5:00 am.

Usually I get up to feed the little guy at this time anyway, but then I go back to bed until he eats again at 7:30 or 8:00. You see, I'm a girl who likes her sleep. No, I don't just like it. I need it. I neeeeeeeeed it! I am not a happy lady when I'm tired. Some people handle a lack of sleep with grace and dignity. Me? I just feel like crying. Even now, at 10:59 am, I just might cry. I've been walking around like a zombie for the last 6 hours. Holy cow! I've been up for 6 hours? That's just not right.

The good thing is, I was able to work out for 3o minutes instead of 20 because the guy gets restless after about 15 minutes of playing by himself, and by playing, I mean staring at the wall. And I even had a small conversation with my man before he left for work. It actually consisted of more than, "Hav-mmm-gudday," mumbled in my sleep.

So my friends... I'll give it until the end of the day to decide if I want to do this again. If you have any good suggestions on how to work out and get ready before noon without having to get up 2 hours before the sun, please - share!

8 comments:

Like sisters musings about life... said...

Baby Einstien videos....He might be a little young for them..but my kids liked em. They are about a half an hour long...I guess I am admitting that the tube has tended my kids from infancy.

Emily said...

I agree with your friend, the T.V. is a great solution for when you need to shower or like me right now look at peoples blog! While he is so little a bouncer seat works great too.

Rachel said...

I get up at 5 am everyday to get to the bus stop...it's not that horrible. Suck it up! You're a Johnson/Bell! You NEED to be tough!

: )

Brit said...

I've actually converted to showering at night, at least for the time being. That way in the morning i just have to throw on some clothes, drag a brush through my hair, and dust on some makeup. It's what works for now.

Sarah Garner said...

I third the tv babysitter (especially Baby Einstein... I have one you can borrow.

You'd be suprised how soon kids will sit and stare at a tv!

Sarah Garner said...

soooo... did you get up at 5 again today?

Bundy Family said...

I don't have any ideas as I find myself in the same situation after 3 kids. I do however take my child in the bathroom while I'm showering. I guess the noise of the shower provides some form of entertainment. I either lay them on a pad I have for them to change diapers or in the bouncer or car seat.
Also I read a book with Kyler. That has helped me alot! It's called Baby Wise I got it off Amazon for about $2 so worth the read and sanity.

Jill Johnson said...

This may sound a little crazy, but I found that if I bathed with Gracie she was entertained and I actually got a bath. When she got big enough for a saucer she was content to sit and watch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...