Monday, January 26, 2009

Are You LDS?

Yes? No? If you're not sure, I know how you can tell. The answer lies with your fingernails. The following is an actual conversation I had with the nice Vietnamese man who performed my mani/pedi last week. I shall call him Bartholomew.

Bartholomew: "Are you LDS?"
Me: "I'm sorry?" (I didn't understand the first time due to his strong accent.)
Bartholomew: "Are you LDS?"
Me: "Oh. Yes... Are you?"
Bartholomew: "No. All the LDS girls choose a light color for their fingernails."
Me: "Fascinating."

So what does it say about me when I paint my nails red, purple, or (gasp!) black?

8 comments:

Heather said...

You must be one of those "Molly Mormons" or something along those lines.

Rachel said...

You wish I had mono just so you could pester me about kissing boys some more.

No such luck Mei, I am still a proud virgin lips sponsor.

Like sisters musings about life... said...

LOL I wonder if we go to the same place....I got asked if I was asian because apparently my skin tone and bone structure are both indicators that I am asian. I went home and called my mom and asked if we had asian bloodlines...she said....ummmmm nope just europian...the next question was..."mom am I adopted?"

Sarah said...

My question is: if you're not sure if you're LDS or not, why are you using nail color to decide?

hoLLY said...

haha I don't know cause mine are black!?

Meili said...

Sarah, isn't that the most logical way to determine one's faith?

Anonymous said...

So what does it mean if you don't wear nail polish?

Emily said...

That's so funny that that guy would ask you that based on your nail color choice! Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...