1. Week 3 of marathon training. 8 miles this morning. 2. Church with Calvin. Asher stayed home with his dad, who was recovering from yesterday's stomach bug. The Young Women taught the kids in the primary, so I had the day off! 3. Our dual effort during sacrament meeting. 4. Location scouting for Little Sis's engagement photo shoot: Wheeler Farm. 5. Aunt Rachel. 6. Grandma Lynn. 7. Hugs. 8. Ahhhhh... grass. 9. Reading on the new deck 10. A bud in David & Natalie's front yard. 11. Aunt Natalie fashioned a swing out of a block of wood and a rope. 12. Happy Birthday (tomorrow), Uncle Davey!
1. Bed head. (Can you see his Alfalfa tuft? It was glowing in the early light.) 2. Duet. 3. A collective effort to keep the basher from bashing too early. 4. Maybe my favorite picture of us together. Location: my bed. Task: waiting for my curls to set.
5. Mine. I don't share this stuff. It's too good for boys, big or small. 6. Dirt and climbing. What more could two hooligans ask for? 7. Helping Dad. (Last week, this was a cement patio and rotting railroad ties. Now, dirt and boulders.) 8. Della's 6th birthday! At the party, they decorated kites, blew colored bubbles, and ate cake.
9. Spring is here! 10. Punch Drunk (the name of my Urban Decay lip color). 11. My date. 12. We attended The Little Mermaid by the Children's Ballet Theatre at Kingsbury Hall. The punk thought it was totally awesome. Lily Jo and Poppy, you were magnificent!
Today was the first warmish day since the snow started falling and forgot to stop. Much of the white stuff has melted, and the green/brown grass beckons. I realize that only 2 of my 12 pictures do not contain one or both monkeys, but with my man out of town, my days are absolutely full of boy.
[Click on the block of photos to enlarge.]
1. Drawing in the car. 2. The boys had a grand time at Grandma's house while I attended my weekly meeting. 3. Laughs at lunchtime. (I was singing The Rain In Spain. The boys thought it was hilarious.) 4. I drive by this rock wall every once in a while and always think it's beautiful. It must be decades old. 5. While the punk was at preschool, the basher and I played outside for the first time in MONTHS! It felt so good, I almost cried. Really. 6. While the basher napped, I devoured the first 9 pages of a new book, along with coconut shrimp tacos. 7. Quiet time with salt water taffy in the cheek. 8. Work for The Gifted Music School, Strings of Elegance, and my personal music studio. (Sometimes I forget that maybe I am a working mom.) 9. My first student didn't show, so I taught the boys how to play tag. How is it that we've never done this before? 10. Daylight Savings Time is tough. Lots of tears today along with the giggles. 11. Seriously. Is there anything cuter than this? 12. Storytime: The Very Hungry Caterpillar (the basher's choice) and The Pokey Litttle Puppy (courtesy of the punk).
On the 12th of every month, I document my day with 12 photos. Welcome to February.
[Click the grid to enlarge]
1. Oatmeal with brown sugar & cinnamon and scrambled eggs topped with cheese 2. Rex D (the punk's Build-A-Bear treasure) has replaced Murrah Beth as his constant companion. 3. Special piano time with the punk. He's learning Itsy Bitsy Spider. 4. Addressing a valentine during my Skype meeting. My desk is a disaster.
5. The boys play at Grandma Lynn's house during my weekly meeting. The kitchen and master bathroom are under renovation, so the boys have an extra slick way to get downstairs. 6. I've made ghetto arm warmers for myself and several friends, so the punk demanded a pair as well. Now he's off to preschool. 7. The secret to great nachos is in the layering. 8. The basher and I read 4 books about snow before nap time.
9. Will we ever thaw? 10. My man took over parent duties so I could teach piano & violin and go to yoga class. 11. Esme and Vivaldi. 12. Therapy. (Yep, that's me attempting a forearm stand. One studio owner helped me get into position while her husband, the other owner, grabbed my camera. Have I mentioned how much I love The Yoga Center?)
All of my plans for January 12th fell through. We had two feet of snow dumped on us, so my morning plans at the Gifted Music School were cancelled. Then the basher decided to run a fever, so we were forced to cancel date night. This snowy day turned into lots of Wii and as much sledding as two little wussy boys can handle (about 25 minutes).
1. Homemade low-fat blueberry muffins 2. Sad sickie 3. Loving the Wii that Grandma Lynn & Papa Bob let us borrow (I have mixed feelings.) 4. J.K. Rowling kept me company during three miles on the dreadmill.
5. Leftovers for lunch (my fav!) 6. Snow prep 7. Cold ooops! 8. My man created a sledding track down the hill in our backyard, along with a walkway from the door to the track, and from the bottom back up to the top. After all that work, the basher went down once and the punk enjoyed 5 runs.
9. Lots of white stuff 10. Snowbeard 11. Icicles and sunset 12. Our sleek grown-up tub has turned into a kaleidoscope of primary colors.
Today is 12/12/12 and here are my 12 photos to document it. For having only 2 things on my calendar, one of which being, "make dinner," I sure found a way to fill the day full of stuff!
[Click on the block of photos to enlarge.]
1. This little peanut had us up from 2-4 am last night with intermittent sobbing. I went in his room 3 times to comfort him and every time, I'd crawl, shivering, into bed, start to nod off, and there he'd go again. Now he's all bed head and adorableness, like nothing ever happened. 2. We foundRudolph (aka Rudy), hanging with the lambs and a donkey. 3. Preparing for the punk's 4th birthday. He's having a party on Friday, and each child will get to paint his/her own apron, then make a personal pizza. My talented and generous mother in-law sewed these for me and my sister in-law and I painted the names. 4. Story time. 5. We lasted 15 minutes in the story room before the basher escaped and I gave up. 6. We met Tia Paula and our friend Ella at the City Creek food court for lunch. She and the punk are so cute together. 7. Then we visited the hot new market in town. It was smaller than I had expected. 8. The basher's favorite book before nap time. 9. I am finally running again and it feels awesome (in the sore muscles, clear head kind of way). 10. Dinner and scriptures. Did you notice that we have 2 extra kids around the table? Tonight, we got a taste of what 2 sets of twins would be like. 11. My man and I dropped all four blond boys at the church for Santa's Night Out, sponsored by the young women in my ward. I should have folded laundry, but I read a book (Pride and Prejudice for the 4th time) and munched on Candy Cane Joe Joe's instead. Time well spent. 12. Bokeh christmas tree.
1. Silly Dad. 2. Purple lion vitamin. 3. The boys "helped" me do the dishes. 4. I spent about 2 hours cleaning this morning and didn't even touch the bathrooms, laundry, or downstairs. 5. Banana time. 6. Five Guys fries. Yum. 7. "I can't put my arms down!" 8. Two feet of snow. 9. Working. 10. I am ashamed. 11. Special Piano Time with the punk. 12. My mother in-law and I attended a photography class at the University of Utah.
My name is Chinese, but my hair is red. When I was young, the worst thing you could call me was a redhead. It was "golden," thank you very much. I am a full-time mama to the punk and the basher. I am a violinist with Strings of Elegance, a private piano teacher and math tutor, and an Assistant Director for The Gifted Music School. My violin and piano were both made in 1910, and I inherited both from different grandparents. I have an outie belly button. My man looks hot in his "old man" hats. I enjoy sushi, hot tubbing, and getting caught in the rain.