Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Thing #1


This week, I did something I've planned to do ever since my childhood. I became a Stay At Home Mom! Officially! Tim went back to work on Monday after three blissful weeks at home with me. (Blissful for me - not necessarily for him. I can't speak for that dude.) On my first day at home with the guy, we ventured out of the house, in the snow, to visit the post office and the grocery store. We even stopped to get a sandwich from the local donut shop. And yes, we bought a donut too. I can say "we" because the punk ate it too, just a little bit later, and a little bit liquid-ier. Then I made a scrumptious dinner for the man who brings home the bacon. I made BBQ chicken sandwiches and parmesan potatoes. Boo yeah! I totally rock as a homemaker. And I will never use that word again. Because it makes me feel like going to bed early. Very early. And never getting up again. Goodnight, forever.

Anyway, I have had a full week of feeding, changing diapers, making meals like a good homemaker (doh!) and cuddling with my little man. I've even managed to get together with some friends, watch a bit of TV, work out a couple times, and take a couple naps. I think I can get used to this new life.

P.S. The punk has started smiling. It explodes my heart each time.

12 comments:

Emily said...

You are so funny and always make me laugh! That's why I like you and we are friends! :) Amongst other things too of course!

Calvin is SO cute! I love that picture of him smiling! He is already changing so fast. Oh sad for you! I can't wait to meet him one day!!!

Love you lots!! You are the BEST HOMEMAKER!! HA!

Em

Diane said...

That little dude is adorable. Glad to see those homemaking skills are kicking in. Lucky Tim to come home to a delicious meal.

hoLLY said...

How fun! good for you!
can I ask you why you call him a punk? just curious!

Heather said...

Your first new thing is a HUGE thing. Enjoy it, especially while they are young and can't talk back!

I am sure that Tim is enjoying the New Thing #1!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I need to come visit Cal again. Holy cute!

Thai and movie next week? I can venture your way.

Sarah Garner said...

What a cute little punk!

Hey, here's a first for you to try sometime... CONFORM to SOMETHING. Just once. Just to try it. Just because deep down you know you want to be like every other cute little home maker mommy out there :)

Bundy Family said...

What a cute picture. Sounds like you are adjusting well. Remember those naps, they are #1 on my to-do list.

I thought of something new, but it can't really happen in Utah. Catch fireflys (maybe some day).

Shelly said...

What a doll!

salreem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
salreem said...

This babe has a great smile! I think he's a cute mix of you and Tim. I need to come and see you!

Megan said...

I can't wait to hold him!

Jill Johnson said...

Being a Mom is the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...