Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gratitude Day 17


I am grateful that I have the opportunity to teach music lessons. When I was a young music student, adults often told me that I was lucky to know how to play the piano and violin so I could teach when I got older, and I always resented them for it. How dare they assume that I would want to teach?! I went through the same thing with my Bachelor's degree in Mathematics. "Oh, you're a math major? Are you going to teach?" NO! I hoarded my own knowledge and avoided teaching for many years, but then finally, one day, I gave in and started tutoring math... and loved it! I've had several math students since then and now I call myself a music teacher too. I'm loving it. I guess it was inevitable. I'm grateful to have a husband who supports this hobby of mine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...