Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Friend, Foe, or Something Else?

Me: "Well my friend, you did such a good job at your swimming lesson today!"

Punk, noticing my choice of words: "My friend? Are you my friend?"

Me, after pausing to think that I am not supposed to be my child's friend; I'm supposed to be his parent. But this probably won't be a factor until his teenage years and then it'll be too late anyway. So to simplify things, I answered: "Yes, I am your friend! Are you my friend?"

Punk: "No. I'm not your friend. I'm your Calvin Boy."

So he gets it.

And now, here are today's swimming lesson videos for your viewing pleasure.

Diving Board

Back Float

Jumping Platform

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm still too scared to jump off the diving board. Go Calvin!

Presidential Players said...

Too cute! Way to go Calvin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...