Thursday, March 10, 2011

Toddler Speak


Usually I can understand everything the punk says, even when others can't. But this morning, as we were enjoying our bagel sandwiches and grapes, he had me stumped. We were listening to my girl mix (Sara Bareilles, Regina Spektor, Emily Hope Price, Adele, She & Him, Lisa Loeb). While listening to music in the car or at home, he often asks me who we are listening to: "Oh, who's that song?" He even knows the words to many songs on the new Sara Bareilles CD, much to my man's dismay and my amusement.

This morning, he kept asking me something about Simba Wallace. After trying to figure out what he was talking about, I brushed the topic aside and asked if he wanted some more grapes. But then he brought it up again, this Simba Wallace character. After I still didn't get it, he asked me who was singing, to which I replied,

"This is Sara Bareilles."
"Simba Wallace?"

Ah. There it is.
Simba Wallace = Sara Bareilles.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

dude... I can totally see that. this is wonderful.

Becky Youkstetter said...

Ha! Oh man Simba Wallace is totally my favorite artist right now. I am glad the punk has an affinity for her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...