Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Name is Asher Bell



Photos by Amy Gretchen

I was scheduled to be induced on Monday, but went into labor on Sunday. After fielding contractions all morning at home, my man and I checked into the hospital at 1:50 pm. Asher Junah Bell was born at 6:18 pm. An hour later, his older brother came to meet him:


The punk has welcomed his baby brother with open arms. We often have to remind him to be soft because he wants to climb all over him to give him hugs and kisses. This morning, he wanted to be especially helpful. When Dad told the punk that he was going to bring the baby to Mom for his breakfast, he offered to help:

"Asher eat MY nipple?"
Dad: "No, Buddy."
Then, wisely, the punk conceded: "Asher eat MOM's nipple."

12 comments:

Heather B said...

That video is darling. I love the pics too. Congrats on your beautiful and healthy baby boy!

Elizabeth said...

That is so neat to have such awesome photographs! The video is precious, I especially love when C is rubbing A's head. "So Cute!"

PS Was that video really only an hour after DELIVERING???? Jealous

Sarah said...

A few thoughts...
1) You look AMAZING. Like not just "pretty good for having just given birth" but more like "you hired a makeup team" amazing.
2) I love that Calvin just wants to rub his head... like a puppy.
3) do you know what word is gross? Nipple. And now your son says it.
4) Asher = adorable.

Julie Carlile said...

That was such a cute video to watch. I love it. I can't wait for Kambree to meet her baby brother or sister. :) Congratulations again! Now I am so jealous that your body no longer has to be uncomfortable. It seems like 13 weeks will take forever. Then again I guess I should enjoy my time sleeping until 8:30 every day :)

Miss Melodie said...

Congratulations! You do look amazing. What a handsome boy.

Presidential Players said...

Congratulations on a healthy, beautiful baby and on looking so amazing! Really, you are so beautiful! Asher is adorable and I'm glad Calvin has taken so well to him!

As much as I feel I'm not ready for this baby, your pictures and video just helped me get excited. So thanks. Now I can't wait! :)

McMillan Family said...

Love the video so precious. Congrats he adorable.

Anonymous said...

félicitation et bienvenue à Asher Bell !!! j'adore ta vidéo à l'hôpital :) bisous de la france, céline

Diana Windley said...

I was starting to tear up while watching the video of Calvin meeting his baby brother for the first time, and then I read the part about the nipple and about fell on the floor laughing. You crack me up!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! You do look fantastic. I pretty much look like I got run over by a dump truck when I'm posing for post-delivery pics. :)

Diane D. said...

Congratulations! Beautiful baby boy, and you look awesome too!

Debra said...

Be still my heart, Meili! I am soooooooooooooo happy for you! You look beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...