Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Things Boys (And Their Mamas) Think About

Out of the blue, while we were driving to Kindermusik, the punk's voice sounded from the back seat: "If I peed on my face... that would be funny!"

-~-

After giving the punk more than sufficient time to complete his business, I walked into the bathroom to hurry up the flushing, pulling up of the pants, and washing portion of the task. Of course, I entered to find him standing on the counter with the toilet unflushed, his underwear and pants on the ground. I asked, "Calvin, why don't you just put your underwear back on after you go to the bathroom? Why do you just stand here naked until I come find you?"

"Because I want to."

-~-

We are remodeling two of our three bathrooms. So when the toilet - the only working toilet in the house - started ominously filling instead of draining after the punk filled it with half a roll of toilet paper, I started pleading, "No, no, no, no... Crap, crap, crap, crap!"

Then of course, the punk asked, "What's a crap?"

Oh crap.

[This photo was taken a few days ago when the pink bathroom was still intact.]

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm gonna miss that pink bathroom.

Becky Youkstetter said...

Good luck on the miserable task of remodeling bathrooms!!! Hopefully yours will go loads faster than my remodel did. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...