Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tonight


I am thinking about my punk. He is:
joyous
silly
happy
energetic

He is great at:
kicking a ball
singing songs (his rhythm currently out-performs his intonation)
loving his brother
reciting poetry

Today at the grocery store, I was holding him in my arms while we filled the last space in the cart with fruits and veggies. I gave him a hug and a kiss. He took my face in his warm hands and tried to kiss me on the mouth. I turned my head so he could kiss my cheek, which he thought was hilarious. So of course, he did it again and I turned my head again. We ended up laughing ourselves silly by the bananas with his hands squishing my face.

Tonight as I lay my head down to prepare my body and mind for another exhausting day, I will remember this and be happy.

1 comment:

Presidential Players said...

Okay, this made me cry. Seriously. I blame the hormones...and the fact that I can relate to those sweet moments that not only get you through the tough parenting days but also make life just plain worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...