Sunday, June 5, 2011

For The Birds

Ahhh, Sunday afternoon. We survived the 3+ hours at church with two active boys (and a few long-winded speakers). I've eaten a delicious lunch of blistered grape tomatoes, warmed goat cheese, gourmet olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and fresh basil (right off the potted plant in my kitchen) on a toasted baguette. The boys are taking their naps. I have just settled down with a page-turner in the warm sun when I notice an urgent peeping coming from the scrub oak to my left. There's a mama bird feeing her chicks in a nest! I ran inside for my camera and zoom lens, climbed onto a raised bed near the tree, and waited...

and waited...

and waited...

And then:






I hope you're enjoying your day of rest. Like many parents of young ones, I don't think this mama bird gets one.

2 comments:

Like sisters musings about life... said...

She looks like she might attack you at any second too...don't mess with her babies...she looks like she could take you!...lol

Diana Windley said...

Love the photos!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...