1. I was awake, listening to a crying, whining, yelling toddler from 4:00-5:30 am.
2. After I left his room for the last time, shut my door and threw myself in bed, I heard him stop crying and say in a sad little voice, "Please?... Please?"
3. Then I covered my ear with my hand and went to sleep.
4. He survived and we both slept in.
5. When I was getting him dressed this morning, I laughed when I left his undershirt on his head. He grinned and asked me to take a picture. I wonder if he's trying to look academic, or if he's just really into that book?
6. I got my workout in while the punk was on a play date this morning. That means, during his nap time, I get 2 1/2 hours to myself to eat lunch, blog, and then do laundry, clean bathrooms, mop the kitchen floor, and start clearing out our 3rd bedroom. Wait, this doesn't sound fun at all! The sentence started out nicely, but got lost somewhere along the way.
7. It's cold outside.
8. But not as cold and snowy as yesterday.
9. We went to Sugar House Park to eat lunch and observe the fowl. It was warm enough that we could leave our coats in the car, but the punk wore a hat and I wore a scarf so we had the accessories covered.
10. If there is a stick anywhere in the vicinity, the punk will find it. And throw it. Even if it has goose poop on it.
11. The punk likes sandwiches and applesauce.
12. I like hot chocolate.
13. I foresee hot chocolate consumption in my very near future. Maybe even before the house is clean. Sometimes I'm a rebel like that.