1. Turn all M&Ms right-side-up
2. Line up the M&Ms by color. The color with the greatest number goes on top and the smallest count is on bottom.
3. Now even 'em up! Eat the 4 pieces that don't belong. Get those intruders outta there!
3A. There is another way to go from here if the color counts are favorable. Notice there are 5 browns and 4 yellows. I could have then decreased the oranges to 3, reds to 2, greens to 1 and blues to 0 to create a nice right triangle. But this would have necessitated removing many more pieces at once than the above method, and I like to take as much time as possible to enjoy my treats. Therefore, we will move forward with the previous method.
4. Remove one column and enjoy. Because there are 6 colors, you get to choose if you'd rather eat them in 3 groups of 2 or 2 groups of 3. Ahhh, the beauty of 6. The best way to eat Peanut Butter M&Ms is to hide them under your tongue for a minimum of 60 seconds until the insides are warm, gooey, and ready to burst through their thin candy shells.
5. Remove another column for consumption. (I mean that in the put-in-your-mouth-chew-and-swallow way, not the tuberculosis-of-the-lungs way.)
Aren't math and chocolate beautiful? How do you eat your M&Ms?