Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Take a Good Look in the Mirror

A few days ago, I was out to lunch with my girlfriends. We sat around the table discussing the happenings of our lives. There are plans for graduate school, a new boyfriend, a thriving musical career, and a new pregnancy. And all I could talk about was the exceptionally large mess my baby made in his diaper that morning. I could hear the words coming out of my mouth, and I knew how mundane the story was, and how inappropriate for lunchtime conversation... but I couldn't do anything about it. It was like word vomit.

Oh good. Another bodily function no one wants to read about.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Don't worry at all about the bodily functions conversation. They are a very big part of life unfortunately for a while. I never thought I would be waving goodbye to poo-poo but that always seems to be part of my day lately. I plan on the next time I am in town seeing the little punk for sure. Sorry things were so crazy this time.

Heather B said...

Haha. You're officially a real mom. He is so cute!!

Sarah Garner said...

I officially apologize for all the poopy stories I have shared with you over lunch. I think you caught it from me.

Welcome to the exciting world of Stay at Home Momism...

Heather said...

Welcome to Motherhood!

Brit said...

The thing is, your stories about Calvin's diaper were as interesting and pertinent to my life as anything else that was shared at the table that day....it's nice to have a pal that's in that stage of life at the same time and who can totally empathize, rejoice, and understand the need share poo stories! ha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...