Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sharing the Photo Love


When I was young, my dad told me that my hair was golden. I believed him and rejected any suggestion that it might also be called red. So naturally, my Uncle Wayne teased me about my "red" hair at every opportunity.

You know the popsicles that you can eat as a twosome or separate on the corner of the kitchen counter to eat one at a time? The popsicles that come in banana, root beer, orange, grape, and "blue" flavors? They remind me of my Aunt Karla, as do the Lion House and Abravanel Hall. And Anne of Green Gables.

My cousin Megan and I were very talented performers when we were young. We dazzled our parents with plays that we wrote and performed ourselves (meaning, we made our parents sit and watch as we made them up on the spot). We turned our bicycles into horses. We turned bits of dried pottery mud into treasures, with a little help from the hose. But most of the time we were brave princesses trying to escape the wicked witch who held us as prisoners. We were pretty awesome.

This is the family who invited me to be their photographer last weekend. Usually the three siblings are scattered among three different states, and soon their parents will leave for 18 months to serve a Mormon mission in Finland! But for this one weekend, everyone happened to be in Utah. Here are a few of my favorites.





2 comments:

Megan said...

Remember we went through a phase were we preteneded to be princesses forced to be maids? Awesome.

The pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest!

Meili said...

Megan, I DO remember that! We are so cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...